Q: What types of wood do you use to create your pet urns?
A: BFF Urns are created from an array of beautiful wood including oak, walnut, honey oak, cherry, and ambrosia maple.
- Our square urns are made from oak, cherry, and maple. All 3/4″ thick, solid wood.
- Our round urns and “Dignity” series urns are made from maple, cherry, walnut, and mahogany.
- Our round cylinders are made with a process of laminating layers of thin hardwood and using a finished grade of walnut, maple, mahogany, or cherry on the face of the cylinder.
- Our cap options (top lid and bottom) are available in cherry, oak, maple, or walnut. Caps are included in the base price.
- **Disclaimer: Due to variations in wood, colors may vary slightly.**
Q: What square urn sizes do you offer?
- 40 Cu Inches – 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ x 3-1/4″. Perfect for small pets (bird, rabbit, hamster, cat, and small dog up to 25 lbs.
- 80 Cu Inches – 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″. Perfect for medium-sized pets up to 50 lbs.
- 135 Cu Inches – 7″ x 7″ x 5-1/4″. Perfect for larger-sized pets up to 90 lbs.
- ** Pyramid-style square urns are only available in 80 and 135 Cu Inches.**
Q: What round urn sizes do you offer?
- 4” diameter X 4” height – small pets up to 25 lbs. (not available in Walnut or Mahogany)
- 4” diameter X 6” height– pets weighing up to 50 lbs. (not available in Walnut or Mahogany)
- 4” diameter X 10” height – pets weighing up to 90 lbs. (not available in Walnut or Mahogany)
- 6” diameter X 5” height – for pets weighing up to 60 lbs.
- 6” diameter X 6.5” height – for pets weighing up to 90 lbs.
- 6” diameter X 8” height – for pets weighing up to 120 lbs.
Q: What types of custom add-on features do you offer?
A: We offer an array of custom add-ons including:
- Limitless color options.
- Nameplate in brass or silver (square urn only).
- Photo plate made using picture supplied by the pet owner.
- Engraving of pet’s name by wood burning.
- Taking ink nose or paw print and transferring on wood by way of wood-burning
- Taking ink nose or paw print and transferring on wood and using resin cast to produce a resin paw print or nose print. We can also mix some of the ashes of your pet in with the resin.
- Brass corner feet for square urns.
- Brass conical feet for square or round urns.
- Glass ball feet for square urns.
- Wood ball feet for square or round urns.
- Musical movements including “You Are My Sunshine” and “Over the Rainbow”.
- Clock movements, barometer, on the face of square urns.
- Small clock or barometer movement on top of the round urn.
- Small heart-shaped bezel – perfect for displaying an I.D. bracelet or small amount of pet fur.
Custom Add-On Feature Gallery
Q: How can I send my pet companion’s picture, paw print, nose print, or ashes for wood-burning or resin cast add-on options?
A: Please mail the above custom add-on features to 1837 Bernstein Dr., Virginia Beach, VA 23454, or send via email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the process, please give us a call at 207.522.3078.
**With every urn. we will ship a plastic bag for the pet ashes. Plastic bags with a tie are used to eliminate the possibility of a spill or mess**
**Disclaimer Please note that we can only add a small amount of ashes to the resin casts. Please do not send all of our pets ashes.**
Q: When should I receive my custom urn?
A: Depending on the customization, it can take up to 2 weeks to receive your urn.
Q: Where do you ship?
A: We ship anywhere in the U.S.A.
Q: What is your return/refund policy?
A: If you receive a damaged or defective item we must be notified within 48 hours of delivery to set up a return or exchange. To initiate a return or exchange for a damaged urn, please email a photo of the damage to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review the photo, and provide you with return instructions. If you are unable to send a photo, please call us. BFF Urns reserves the right to replace a damaged/defective item and have the damaged/defective item returned to BFF Urns.
Upon first receipt of the urn, you are not happy or the urn does not meet your expectation, as long as there is no personalization, please call or email email@example.com for further instructions. There will be a 15% restocking fee. Shipping charges are not refundable. The customer is responsible for all return packing/shipping charges and must insure items for the full purchase price.
We do not refund for any items that are:
- Have been used and, or filled;
- Are damaged or tampered with by the family;
Expedited shipping charges are not refundable unless a shipping error occurs on our behalf.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France