Losing a pet is never easy and when it comes to children, the conversation about death is inevitable. From our experience, we believe the age-appropriate books below can be a great resource for helping families work through their emotions after the devastating loss of a family pet.
Here are seven great books that can help you and your family with coping with the loss of your beloved family pet.
- The Goodbye Book, by Todd Parr
- The Rainbow Bridge…A Dog’s Story, by Judith Kristen
- Dog Heaven and Cat Heaven, by Cynthia Rylant
- I’ll Always Love You, by Hans Wilhelm
- For Every Dog An Angel, by Christine Davis
- Paw Prints in the Stars: A Farewell and Journal for a Beloved Pet, by Warren Hanson
- The Rainbow Bridge: A Visit to Pet Paradise, by Adrian Raeside